NOTE: These vegetables are only a suggestion. Use your favorite vegetables. You can also add in chickpeas, mung beans, or lentils for extra protein.
- 1/2 sweet onions
- 1 sweet potato or purple sweet potato
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 inch piece of fresh grated ginger
- fresh cilantro
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 6 dashes Himalayan sea salt
- 4 dashes peppercorn blend
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 dashes ground mustard seeds
- 3-5 dashes of cayenne (personal spice preference) -2 dashes cardamom
- 4 dashes cinnamon
Chop all vegetables into small, similar sized cubes. Mince the garlic and grated the ginger.
Sauté the onion and sweet potato on medium heat for five minutes in coconut oil. Then add the other vegetables and garlic. Cover for 3-4 minutes for a quick steam.
Spice to your liking adding similar amounts as suggested, or doing more or less of any.
Heat the coconut milk in a separate pot, then add to the vegetables. Turn the heat down to low and add the grated fresh ginger. Cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Taste test and adjust spices if necessary. Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy.
**Coconut oil is anti-fungal and a great source of healthy fat.
**Ginger is great for cleansing. It is anti-inflammatory, helps aid digestion, and boosts circulation.
**Mustard seeds are a rich source of minerals.